Atlantic City High School
Atlantic City High School is a public institution providing education for
approximately 2,000 students enrolled in grades 9-12.
Atlantic City High School school mascot was known as the Knights until 1934. Then, in 1935, the yearbook displayed a clipper ship on it. Several years later, the Vikings name emerged.
Atlantic City High School's colors are navy and white.
The mission of Atlantic City High School is to provide each student and staff member with a stimulating and challenging learning environment that promotes intellectual growth, creativity, respect for self and others, and physical and mental health. Our primary goal is that all students achieve their maximum potential as lifelong learners.
Here at ACHS, We Believe...
- The chief priority of the school is to provide a safe and physically comfortable environment that promotes student learning.
- Students need to apply their learning in meaningful contexts, enabling them to become confident, self-directed, lifelong learners.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Extra-curricular programs are an important element in developing well-rounded individuals and involving the community in our school.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and the community share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.